• 0 Votes
  • 1 Vote
  • 2 Votes
  • 3 Votes
  • 4 Votes
  • 5 Votes

Help/Cheatsheet for therenamer.com users that use Kodi networked library

Howdy! Great to find TV Rename.

tl;dr: quick instructions to start using TV Rename for users coming over from TheRenamer. If we can import data fine, otherwise we start anew at TV Rename. Confused also about TV Rename creating .NFO files vs letting Kodi scrape.

TV Rename looks amazing and robust with WAY too flexible for me to figure out what I need and what I don't.

Have used therenamer.com for years. It ran wonderfully until theTVDB went to API 2.0. TheRenamer hasn't been updated in 4 years and that is why a lot of us are here.
Program still works with other databases (imdb, thetvdb, etc). The website is still up.

Data that is behind therenamer includes support files that have show name and corresponding theTVDB ID Number. There are separate files for each scraper service. Movies, TV, Anime, Fights. Another file independent of scraper force renames the show name - ie: The Late Late Late Show with James Corden. I have it force renamed to James Corden and Kodi picks it up just fine with theTVDB scraper (when the API is working LOL).

Submitted by HarryBear415 on 6/10/2018 3:57 AM

Comments (2)

Add Comment
Gravatar
Created By Admin
This is difficult for the core team to do as they have no experience of theRenamer. Maybe you could draft the structure and we can fill in the gaps?
Submitted by MarkS on 10/14/2018 12:10 PM
Gravatar
Created By Admin
Hi, This would be great. If you are able to draft up what you'd need to know then we can include it on the website. Maybe a comparison of where certain features are and a comparison of functionliaty
Submitted by MarkS on 9/10/2018 9:09 AM

Auto Subscribe

This is the first time you have posted a comment. Do you want to subscribe to receive email notifications whenever a user replies to your comments?
Please wait...

Close

Confirm